Apply to become a homestay family by completing the online application: https://mytruenorth.ca/hsportalindex.php?db=saanich
After filling in and submitting the application, a Saanich Schools Homestay Coordinator for the school/catchment area will contact you to set up a home visit. The Homestay Coordinator will conduct a home visit, where we can get to know you and your family and learn about your motivation for hosting for our program. After the home visit, we will ask you to fill out the necessary paperwork and apply for a Criminal Record Check.
**As a result of the COVID pandemic, home visits will be conducted over Zoom by Homestay Coordinators**
September 1, 2021 - CLOSED
February 1, 2022 - OPEN
September 1, 2022 - OPEN
Before you begin
ATTENTION: If you are applying for a student that needs validation or required courses, please contact SISP office before beginning the application.
Please make sure you download the Student Legal Agreement and Course Request Form directly from the on-line application as these will be the most recent/up to date versions of the documents.
Before you begin the online application process, please make sure you have collected all the necessary information and documents. You will need the applicant’s complete information and as well that of at least one parent. This includes names, birthdates, addresses, etc. Required and recommended documents (see below) must be submitted as PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each. If any document is larger than 5MB, it has been scanned at too high a resolution and must be rescanned at a lower resolution before beginning the application process.
The application fee is $200.00 CAD and is non-refundable. Please have a major credit card ready for the final page of the online application system.
In order to submit an application, the three documents listed below are required. If you do not upload these documents into the online application system, you cannot complete the application process. If you do not submit a complete application within Thirty (30) days, the partial application will be automatically deleted.
- Student Legal Agreement - Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and the student must sign the student legal agreement. Download is available directly within the application.
- Transcripts or Report Cards - You must have a record of grades for the last two years, ideally translated into English. They must be in PDF or JPEG files only, and less than 5MB in size. You will only able to upload one document, so please ensure all pages of the records of grades are scanned as a single document.
- Course Request Form
- Passport Photo Page - Please scan the passport photo page of the applicant’s passport, if they have a passport already. This allows us to double-check the applicant’s information to ensure that all correspondence is correct.
- Photo albums. A minimum of 3 photos uploaded as a single PDF.
We recommend that you collect the following documents prior to applying. These documents assist us in making an admission decision should we require additional information. They must be submitted as single documents in PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each.
- Custodian document. If the applicant will not be part of our homestay program, they must assign a custodian. This custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in the Victoria area. If student is under 13 years of age, they must live with a parent while participating in the program.
- Other documents. If you have another document pertinent to admission, such as a student interview form, please submit it as a single document.